Camping in the wilderness will most certainly invite unwanted bugs. Luckily, mosquito repellent devices are available to deal with these troublesome visitors.
One of these annoying insects is the mosquitoes.
Not only do they produce an irritating whining sound on your ears all night, but they also keep you scratching and slapping. And if you’re not lucky, they might infect you with something nasty!
There are several variations of mosquito repellents. Therefore, selecting the best mosquito repellent device for camping amongst several alternatives can be confusing.
Let us help you to make the right choice for your camping adventure.
- 1. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – DILISENS Mosquito Killer Camping Lamp
- 2. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – KLOUDIC USB Powered Mosquito Killer
- 3. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – Solar Portable Ultrasonic Mosquito Repeller
- 4. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – ENKEEO 2-in-1 Camping Mosquito Repellent Lantern
- How Do Mosquito Repellents Work?
- What To Consider When Looking For A Mosquito Repellent Device
- Commonly Asked Questions
1. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – DILISENS Mosquito Killer Camping Lamp
This is what the DILISENS Mosquito Killer Camping Lamp is all about.
It attracts, traps, and electrocutes mosquitoes. It uses lithium metal batteries that are rechargeable through a USB connection to your computer or power bank.
DILISENS Mosquito Killer Camping Lamp doesn’t emit chemicals or heat, which makes it eco-friendly yet attractive to the mosquitoes.
The lamp is light, portable, and waterproof. It comes with a sturdy handle at the top. You don’t have to worry when it begins to rain.
You also have an option to adjust the lamp’s brightness in three different modes.
• It can double up as both a mosquito repellent and a security light.
• Safe for indoor use
• It uses a durable energy saving lamp.
• Safe around children above five years
• It is portable.
• Maybe an inconvenience for persons preferring total darkness at night
Click here to view DILISENS Mosquito Killer Camping Lamp on Amazon.com
2. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – KLOUDIC USB Powered Mosquito Killer
It can be placed upon a wall or a tent to save you space and keep it away from the reach of children.
Connect the mosquito repellent to a power bank via its USB cable and enjoy a bug-free night of sleep. It has an easy ON and OFF switch string.
These features make it one of the best mosquito repellent devices, especially for camping.
• It is silent in operation.
• Adds aesthetic value to your room or tent
• It is easy to clean.
• Safe around children below the age of 5 years
• It comes with an easy to understand user guide.
• The fluorescent light is not glaring.
• Some users have noted the sticking pads to be less effective in trapping crawling insects.
Click here to view KLOUDIC USB Powered Mosquito Killer on Amazon.com
3. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – Solar Portable Ultrasonic Mosquito Repeller
It has a fastening clip that you can use to hook the repeller to your backpack or tent and avoid misplacing it. Solar Portable Ultrasonic Mosquito Repeller comes with an inbuilt compass that is essential when camping.
• It is eco-friendly.
• Doesn’t emit noise or heat
• It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
• It repels both bugs and rodents.
• Operating the repellent is easy.
• It is safe for both children and pets.
Click here to view Solar Portable Ultrasonic Mosquito Repeller on Amazon.com
4. Best Mosquito Repellent Device for Camping – ENKEEO 2-in-1 Camping Mosquito Repellent Lantern
It has a rechargeable battery that can last for up to 20 hours before needing a recharge.
It comes with various safety features including a detachable lampshade, a waterproof lantern, and a handle. ENKEEO 2-in-1 Camping Mosquito Repellent Lantern is easy to use and maintain.
It’s lightweight and therefore, convenient for backpackers.
• Its waterproof lantern is convenient camping during the rainy season.
• Doubles as a lamp and a mosquito repellent
• It is light and portable.
• It is not very convenient in catching all mosquitoes around.
Click here to view ENKEEO 2-in-1 Camping Mosquito Repellent Lantern on Amazon.com
How Do Mosquito Repellents Work?
Most mosquito repellents work by interfering with the mosquitoes’ sense of smell or sound so that they cannot locate and bite their targeted victim.
The best mosquito repellent device for camping will protect you from bites and insect-transmitted infections.
Some are applied on the skin, clothing, or surfaces, whereas others are suspended from walls around the house.
There are various types of mosquito repellents. Chemical-based, electric, trappers, zappers, candles, sprays, and trappers.
Chemical based repellents include DEET and permethrin. Natural repellents include neem oil and lemongrass.
Some mosquito repellents have multipurpose functions.
Always be cautious when using mosquito repellents to avoid eye and mouth irritation.
What To Consider When Looking For A Mosquito Repellent Device
Consider the following factors before investing is a mosquito repellent:
Functionality – Some mosquito repellants catch, zap, electrocute, or spray the bugs to kill them. Some repellents are wipes, candles, bug zappers, and traps.
When buying the repellant, consider which of these is best for you.
Chemical Composition – Some chemicals such as DEET have been found to be harmful to both the human body and the environment when sprayed.
If you opt for a chemical mosquito repellant, make sure it contains 25% or less DEET. Otherwise, any plant-based mosquito repellent is safe for use.
Use mosquito repellants that are less noisy and odorless.
Strength and Coverage – Confirm the range of the impact your mosquito repellent has.
This will determine how effective it will be in repelling the bugs.
Durability – A durable mosquito repellent will prove useful time and time again, thus making it a fantastic investment.
Commonly Asked Questions
Why Should I Use A Mosquito Repellent?
To protect yourself from malaria, zika virus, dengue fever, and filariasis amongst other viral diseases transmitted through insect bites.
Keep the irritating bugs at bay and enjoy a quiet night of sleep.
What Is The Difference Between Insect Repellent And Mosquito Repellent?
There is no substantial difference, although certain types may be more effective for various types of insects.
Camping in the rainy season can be a horrible experience when the blood-sucking mosquitoes decide to infest your camp.
Carrying the right mosquito repellent that effectively protects you from the bites and itch is a welcome relief.
Choose the best mosquito repellent device for camping well in advance, have it ready before the night darkness settles in. Enjoy your time in the great outdoors!
Lover of hiking, nature, camping, bird calls, and more. I run ATO and do my best to provide interesting information for my readers to help make their outdoor adventures more fun.